Do you want to get rid of Gastritis?
Gastritis has become a common issue for most of the people in the world. Around half of population in the world is suffering from this. Especially among employers and students, as they are busy with their own businesses or improper time management. So many people are suffering from gastritis. They express different ideas regarding gastritis without knowing the correct process.
So first of all let’s have some brief idea about gastritis. Under the view of specialist doctors gastritis is “the inflammation of the lining of the stomach”. Typically this happens due to the infection with the bacteria Helicobacter pylori.Gastritis should not be ill-treated. If left untreated it can develop into a stomach cancer.
For further awareness let’s discuss some more details regarding gastritis.
How can we identify gastritis? Common gastritis symptoms and signs are as follows
- Upper abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Loss of appetite
- Inflammation of the pancreas
How gastritis cause?
- With the infection of helicobacter pylori
- Excessive use of Alcohol
- Bacterial infections
- Being Stress
- Use of anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin/celecoxib/diclofenac/indomethacin)
- Unhealthy Diet
- Cigarette smoking.
- Diet high in acid
There are two types of gastritis
- Acute gastritis: this cause pain and bulge in stomach. Does not exist long time. It stops within few days.
- Chronic gastritis: this continuing for a long period of time. In this case sometimes symptoms and signs cannot be recognized as they are dull.
- Avoid using excessive alcohol
- Avoid using citrus fruits, tomato or tomato productions, highly spiced foodstuff, coffee…etc.
- Control stress.
What are the treatments?
- Antacids are common treatment for gastritis (amphojel, alternagel, Maalox, tums, alka)
- Getting medications such as H2blockers(reduce acid secretion)& proton pump inhibitor(decrease gastric acid production)
- You can also do relaxation techniques such as yoga, tai chi, meditation…etc.
- Change your diet
- Use antibiotics as doctor prescribed.
Diet plays an important role under this topic….following recommends may help you to get rid of gastritis.
- Get fiber rich diet
- Drink 6-8 filtered water glasses daily
- Do exercises regularly
- Do not eat citric rich foods such as tomato, cherries, lemon, bell pepper…etc.
- Avoid using, alcohol, coffee and carbonated drinks
- Reduce high fat foods. Use olive oil.
- Reduce eating carbohydrate rich food such as bread, pastas.
- Eat vitamin B rich foods
- If gastric is not getting better. Go to a doctor.
Therefore don’t ill-treat gastritis. Follow treatments and be a healthier person.
Article By Vishaka Jayamini