Ayurvedic herbs for Migraine
It is likely that at least one in ten people suffer from migraine. The number of women with migraine exceeds the number of men with migraine.
Migraine is essentially a disorder of the younger person. In fact, many people have their first attack in childhood.
If you have had a long history of recurring headache and if the pain is something on one side, sometimes on the other, can be identify as migraine.
But it is important for anyone with sudden and severe headache to consult a doctor.
At what times of day do you get it?
Most migraine headaches start early in the morning, between 5 am and 10 am. It is less usual for them to come on late in the day.
How long will it last?
The early warning symptoms in a classical migraine attack usually do not last more than fifteen to twenty minutes. migraine headache can occur between one and eight times a month.
Migraine are generally one- sided and the pain is throbbing like a pulse. they occur with or without known triggers and may last for several days.
In classical migraine, before the attack comes on, you may experience some unusual sensations called the aura.
These sensations are different for everyone who has them and they are usually, but not always, visual.
- flashing or zigzagging lights
- dimness of vision
- a sensation of looking through water or even blindness in one part of the visual field.
- Feeling Heaviness of the head
- Feel sleepy
- Tingling feeling or numbness in one side of the face or round the lips.
- Less common symptom of attack is speech disturbances and mental confusion.
- Changes in day to day life style.
Such as a new job, shift work.
Too much or too little
Glaring lights or loud noises are liable for migraine
- Certain foods
Alcohol, cheese and other dairy products, all forms of fried foods, chocolate, citrus fruits, tea and coffee, sea foods
Physical or mental stress
- Effort and exercises
- The weather
- Hormonal factors
Pain killers are temporary solution for the migraine. In Ayurveda there are so many herbs to cure from migraine permanently.
Best Ayurvedic herbs for migraine which can be use easily at the home.
- Application of the paste prepared with onions, on the forehead, thumbs and the big toes, followed by relaxation.
- Application of the fine paste of the lemon crust (prepared by pounding in a mortar), on the forehead.
- Intake of 30ml of ripened grapes, twice a day, for a fortnight.
- Inhaling the fumes of the mixture of a little cardamom powder and turmeric powder spread in a piece of cloth,rolled and smeared with ghee and then burnt.
Application of a few crushed leaves of cabbage as a poultice, on the forehead.
Article By : Udari