Ayurvedic secrets to avoid from constipation.
Constipation is a very common problem in the general population. Itis particularly common in elderly people. maybe you also suffer with this condition. This article will be useful to you to get rid from that problem.
People believe; they should pass stool(faeces) at least once a day. If not, they think that they are constipated. But most of them are not suffered with constipation. Normal bowel habit varies from person to person. some are passing stool 3 days for a week While others pass stool 2 or 3 time a day. But they live in healthy.
However, constipation makes disturbances in day today life.
Let’ see the symptoms of constipation,
- Pass hard stool after prolong staining
- Difficult to pass stool
- Pass Very solid, dry stool
- Not passing stool as often as normally do
- Desire to pass the stool but inability to do so.
- Unable to empty your bowels completely
- Rectal bleeding
It leads to many other symptoms like,
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
What are the causes?
- Lake of fibers in diet
- Lake of water intake
- Immobility,specially in elderly persons
- Do not give the response to the urges
- Excessive intake of Dairy products
- Disorders in motility
- Slow -transit constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic intestine pseudo-obstruction
- Drugs – Opiates ,Aluminium antacids, Iron supplements , Calcium antagonists….
- Structural disorders
- Colonic carcinoma
- Diverticular disease
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- Due to Other diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord lesions
- Diabetes mellitus
Constipation is an extremely irritating condition but easy to get rid if you go through the treatment in the right manner. Large number of persons depend on laxatives and purgatives to clear their bowel.
The treatment of constipation should start in the kitchen, not in the lavatory.
There are some clues to avoid from constipation.
- Your diet should contain fruits, vegetables and cereals. Boil milk only once, let it not thicken by overboiling.
- In case of chronic constipation, eat more of cucumber, tomatoes, carrots , spinach and cabbage
- You can eat fruits in between the meals.
- Intake of 3 or 4 litres of water per day .
- A glass water taken in the morning immediately after waking up can help many cases of constipation.
Ayurvedic treatments for constipation.
- Intake of grapes or orange regularly.
- Intake of a tablespoonful of fenugreek seeds with a glassful of water, before going to bed.
- Intake of a glassful of fresh tomato juice mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper , early in the morning.
- Intake of a handful of the pulp of ripe tamarind fruit regularly
- Intake of 100 ml of raw spinach juice with an equal quantity of water, twice a day, for a few days.
- Intake of the juice of lime with glassful of hot water along with half a teaspoonful of salt.
- Intake of a small piece of ginger with jaggery at bed time.
- Intake of 1 to 3 gram of turpeth powder in a glassful of hot water sweetened with bee honey or sugar , at bed time.
- Intake of a ripe guava fruit , before the main meals ,for a few days.
Article By : Udari